We have made a commitment to contribute meaningfully to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, creating shared value for our customers and our communities while safeguarding our planet. We will apply our expertise, diversity of thinking and independence in the quest for a safe, sustainable and resilient future – for all. This is how we will shape a better world.
Our collaborations with customers, our approach to projects, and our investments will be guided by six principles, to:
· Improve human health, safety and well- being through the quality of the built environment and health of the planet.
· Transition to a zero-carbon world where everyone has access to clean energy and potable water.
· Adopt circular economy principles leading to decoupling of economic growth and consumption.
· Enhance communities’ resilience to climate change and risks.
· Create social value to achieve a more inclusive, equitable and just society.
· Respect planetary boundaries and reverse the damage done to date.
· We will use the six principles to guide our business and services strategies and shape the delivery of our projects.
· We will develop collaborative relationships with our customers to deliver sustainable development and invest in partnerships and ventures that enable innovation and amplify our contribution.
· We will invest in learning and research to continually increase the knowledge and skills our people need to deliver sustainable development.
· We will integrate sustainable development in our projects and corporate practices through the application of our Group Policies (Environment; Health, Safety and Wellbeing; Quality; Equality, Diversity and Inclusion; Ethical Conduct) and Arup Management Systems certified to ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISO 45001.
· We will communicate our progress to our customers and stakeholders via our annual report.